Monday, December 31, 2007

Last day of 2007

The year 2007

- The Man and I enjoyed five months in St. Thomas and learned the ways of the island
- We got married
- We mini-mooned in Anegada
- The Man turned 41
- We returned home in May
- My parents celebrated 40 years of marriage
- We had our reception
- I turned 33
- I learned how to drive a stick-shift
- I turned in my dying Mazda and got my Mini convertible (which I miss...)
- I got my old job back for five months
- The birds all turned a year older - I think they're 9 (grey), 6 (red) and 4 (yellow)
- We attended a wedding (Oct), celebrated friends having babies (in Jan, July and August) and toasted a newly engaged couple (Nov)
- We attended a handful of concerts, all in the 80's genre
- We celebrated ThanksMas with the family and jetted back to the island a few days after

Last year we had good friends fly down to celebrate New Year's with us on St. T. We went to a bar that has since closed down. This year we are celebrating with our group here - some light eats and cocktails at the house, then down to the waterfront for a disco-themed blockparty. I am PSYCHED for disco.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!~!~!

Bring on 2008!~!~!

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy New Year girlfriend! Hope 2008 is spectacular for you :) Your Pats rule by the way!

Beach Bum Marcie said...

How could you leave off...your beloved Pats going UNDEFEATED. Wow...that is definitely something I am jealous of. :)

Happy new year!!

Did I mention, I AM BACK!! :) hehehehe. I am BACK...I am BACK!! I promise to be around more!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, 2008 is going to have to work really hard to defeat 2007, isn't it??

:) Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year NJaney (and the Man)!! I hope 2008 is a wonderful year for you!! I am freezing my buns off here in one of the southern/central states. Please go lay in the sun in my place would ya?? Please??

Go Pats!! I am proud of your team. What a list of accomplishments!!

I'll be back to visit soon!

BBB

Anonymous said...

2007 was a kickass year for you!!! I think it's fun to look back on everything that happened. Makes it fun to dive into the new year and see what transpires.

Hope all is well and the hangover is gone.

Cheers,
BH

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I'm a little late, I know. Please make sure you cheer for the Buckeyes on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2008! I love how you reflected on your past year. Incredible that all of that happened in just one year! Also, I completely rooted for the Patriots during their game last weekend even though everyone in my party were against seeing them achieve 16-0 status!

PS: Tag, you're it! Details on my blog.