Thursday, December 20, 2007

While we're on the subject of food...

The Frenchtown Deli (located in, um, Frenchtown) has the best deli sandwiches on the island (in my opinion). I asked the Man if he could think of another deli place, and we really can't. Then he mentioned Subway, but that doesn't count.

The menu:


My favorite is the Mafioso (2nd column, 2nd one down); ham, salami, tomato, lettuce, cheese, vinagrette on french bread. I add a little extra mayo, extra salami and get a side of the vinagrette for dipping. Holy shit it's good. The Man loves their 1/2 roasted chicken.

They have a room with tables so you can sit and eat, we usually go there after a post office run, about once a week.

Oh, I just thought of another place - Marina Market, located in Red Hook (opposite side of the island from us). They're another grocer, tres expensive. I worked next to them last year for about a month and had a sandwich almost everyday. My favorite there, if I recall, was the melted brie and ham sandwich on french bread. Holy shit. Wicked good stuff.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Ham and Brie...yummmm. I'm digging the daily tour of the island. Kinda makes me feel like I'm almost there, sort. But not really.

Anonymous said...

I second bjb! I feel like I'm there. It is so neat to feel like an islander, to get the inside scoop. The pictures really bring me there! I can't wait to return to the Virgin Islands - maybe we'll go back for our 5 year anniversary, relive the honeymoon a little. The kids? Will be staying with grandma.

Anonymous said...

Damn, I should have read this before my lunch break. I so dig small non-chain places like that.

Soak some sun and surf for me, will ya? I am seriously sun deprived now and my mood reflects that.

I hope you are going to have a fantastic holiday and Merry Friggin' Christmas!! It's been great to keep in touch all this time!

Cheers,
BH