Friday, December 21, 2007

TGIF

Meet Web:



For the past few Friday nights he's been the entertainment at the place I waitress. Here's a brief description:

Fridays: Web from 104.3 The Buzz. Web and his guitar gear up for a night of puns and fun, some of the best original music including all the local favorites

Web is your typical surfer dude. We met him last year through my friend K, she brought him down on a Sunday beach day. With his unwashed locks flying hat-free and his strong face the Man and I immediately dubbed him Mr. Lee Roth, and I think at the time Web had mentioned something about Van Halen and that's why it came about. I don't think we've ever learned his real name.

Web DJ's on our favorite island radio station the Buzz, he's on in the AM - but when I say 'on' I mean he drops in, does some talking, then plugs in his tape and leaves - most likely to find some 'sick waves dude'. When he's not DJ-ing he's surfing, when he's not surfing he's making up songs and singing them and when he's not doing that he's sleeping (and by sleeping I mean getting stoned). Being a single guy he does make time for the ladies as well and will happily teach them some moves on his board. Surfing or otherwise.

His songs have an Adam Sandler quality to them and they poke fun at island nonsense, like our extreme electric bills by WAPA (Water and Power Assoc), the ghetto supermarket Pueblo (Where can you find year old meat? Pueblo) and the cruise ship passengers (The Overfed, Lobster-red, Newlywed and Nearly Dead).

His latest song is the 12 Days of Christmas island-style...ending with an Iguana in a Palm Tree.

Cheers to keeping it real dude~

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Web's my hero. He's who I want to be if I weren't so freaking responsible.

Merry Island Christmas :)