Friday, December 14, 2007

I tired...!

I completed my second night of waitressing a few hours ago, and it's been going really well! I had no idea how I would do with a ten year gap since my last server job, but after I got the first few tables out of the way on Wed night I found my rythym - so yay me! *clapping* Although I have to say, my back hurts and my dogs is barkin'!

Moving onto the photo(s) of the day...my new blog-thing (you likey?). St. Thomas welcomed a new restaurant on Monday night, a little place called Hooters.


They had a VIP eat/drink for free party and we snagged tickets through a friend of ours. I've actually never been in a Hooters before - no real reason. The one in Boston closed down, and the one in Pittsburgh (where I schooled) was a place we just didn't find ourselves as there are many other places to get your drink on in that city.

With that said I thought it was a pretty cool place! Sure, it's full of cheese and drooling guys, but the wings were tasty, the beer was cold and you can't argue with a place that has a TV set every five inches. I can see us hitting it for a football or baseball game, or the odd night out. We had fun, and our waitress was super nice (I know, I'm sure they all are...!). Here she is on the right, next to me and another couple:



Another tidbit? I applied there a week ago. I'm no fool. This place is located right where people spill off the cruise ships, and before the novelty wears off the tips are going to be killer. All I need is a good bra, and someone to say 'You're Hired!'
Oh, and I need more cheerleader in my personality. Um, go team.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No joke - Hooters was our family restaurant growing up. My uber religious parents would take their 4 daughters (and 1 son) out to Hooters for dinner. V. strange, and v. uncomfortable. I've gone as an adult, though, and I liked it much better. It's cheesy but a fun atmosphere, and the girls are just as nice to female customers as males. *I also applied to Hooters once. I have no hooters to speak of, but hell, you don't need much to turn a guy's head! And they stare at waitresses regardless, you may as well get the extra $$ that I know Hooters girls make. I think my husbad (who was then my boyfriend) is glad my hooters were not selected for the job.

Re: babies - you probably won't regret it, but we can check back in 20 years. Your life and marriage sound pretty fulfilling as they are - and not shallow. Changing diapers and watching umpteen kid choir concerts does not necessarily make one cultured. Just know - I would never roll my eyes (over here on the other side of the computer screen where you can't see) reading about your rockin' weekends. I will eat it all up and ask for more more more!

Betsy said...

That spider is disgusting. Makes me feel better that I'm up here where any creepy critters would freeze to death rather than down in a tropical paradise where they drown in my back yard pool.

I'd buy wings and beer from ya :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there NJaney!! Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes for my hubby. He is home!! Woohoo!! So it will be a good weekend in the BBB household.

I bet you are one of those FUN waitresses! Rest your tootsies and don't work too hard now, ya hear??

Hugs to you, dear friend!

Anonymous said...

Someone told me recently that Kid Rock has been in to the restaurant. Does anyone know if this is true and when? Thanks