Saturday, January 5, 2008

Lazy blogger


Photo-blogging will resume very shortly, I have a bunch of photos from the past week to post...but in the meantime I am going to cop out and take a survey that I just snagged from Amanda (Thanks chick!).

Enjoy your weekend...it's the playoffs baby - GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm with ya Sean...for this week at least...!)

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Got married. Bought a brand new car. Spoke before congress. (okay, that last one's a lie...)

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Every year I say I will be more organized. Every year I fail. Mainly because I can't find my resolution list under the pile of clutter.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yep, babies all over the place - good friends in MA, NY and CT - two girls and a boy!

4. Did anyone close to you die? No. That's a bad question.

5. What countries did you visit? None.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A lottery win. A bigger cup size. A fishing trip that ends with me reeling in a massive blue marlin. Some rich sailor to walk up and toss us the keys to his yacht. The discipline to start writing my future bestseller.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 3/5/07 baby - our wedding date :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Learning how to drive a standard.

9. What was your biggest failure? Um, the big crying meltdown I had in traffic while trying to learn a stick and having the Man make me pull over and tell me he was through trying to teach me. I'm better than that sort of whiny behavior and I put a fork in it immediately.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No. (knock wood...)

11. What was the best thing you bought? Bridget, my Mini convertible.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Celeb? Personal aquaintance? This is an odd question, and I'm skipping it.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? See answer from q. 12

14. Where did most of your money go? Island life. Car payments. Gas.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My wedding, and our most awesome reception. Having friends/family visit us in St. Thomas and showing them our island-world. The Red Sox and Patriots kicking ass and taking names.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Bob Marley reminds me of our wedding (we had reggae playing), I've adopted 'One Love' as our song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? I'm usually a pretty happy clam.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Writing. I really REALLY want to write a book. What's my fargin' problem???

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Watching TV when I could have been writing. Smoking crack. (kidding...I hate TV)

20. How did you spend Christmas? Having drinks with our buds on the beach while we all called family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007? I fell in love with St. Thomas (I fell in the love with the Man back in 2002...)

22. What was your favorite TV program? I'm a loyal Survivor and Amazing Race viewer. I love the comedy line-up on Monday nights. We suffer through Lost. We never miss Prison Break and 24. We watch most of the CSI's. We are intrigued with Criminal Minds. There's a ton more, our DVR is running 24/7.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't really hate anyone. Dislike and barely tolerate? Sure. But not hate. It's all good yo.

24. What was the best book you read? The best (and only...how sad am I) was the last Harry Potter. I'm going to miss that series.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? It turns out I can play the cello! Okay, that's a lie. I bought the Man Guitar Hero for Xmas, and I've been kicking his ass every since. Who knew I rocked so bad at fake guitar?

26. What did you want and get? I wanted our first winter in St. Thomas to be a successful experience, it's tough when you move with your significant other to a place where you know no one and have to lean on each other while you learn your new life. The Man and I went through smoothly and I loved that we learned together.

27. What did you want and not get? I'm pretty low maintenance in the whole 'want' category.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? I know we saw movies that I was pumped to see, but at the moment I can't remember any of them.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I have no recollection what we did on my bday (June 28). I know I turned 33. I'm sure there was a dinner involved. I know we were in MA. I'm pretty positive my new husband was with me. I think I took the day off and maybe we went to a concert? I just asked the Man and he can't really remember either. Alcohol must kill memory cells. I have some foggy memory of spending the night in Providence and seeing KC and the Sunshine Band...?

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Nothing. We had a good year.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? First half: bikini, flip flops, shorts. Second half: Work attire and comfy jammies.

32. What kept you sane? All the booze. At times the scale. Remembering that three little birds rely on me.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None of them, they exist in a world I can't comprehend.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? I don't really have a good answer for this.

35. Who did you miss? I always miss my friends that live out of state.

36. Who was the best new person you met? We made awesome friends in St. T, namely the four people (two couples) we loved so much we flew them up for our reception. Truly fantastic folks.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Don't drink rum punch in the sun and pretend the punch portion of the drink will hydrate you. It won't, and you'll pay for it later.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Anything from Jimmy Buffett.

No comments: