Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Correction

I did not start waitressing yesterday, I start today at 4:30. Last week I picked yesterday to start, and completely forgot that I had a friend coming in on a cruise ship. She's someone I worked with a few years ago. She was with her boyfriend, sister and sister's boyfriend - along with other family members, but she decided that only those four would hang out with the Man and I.

She called me around 10 when they were through customs, I directed them to walk to a nearby bar/restaurant and headed down to grab them. They had just started drinking a round when I got there, and I told them to pay the bill and take the drinks with them...'cuz yeah, you can drink and drive in St. Thomas. Crazy right? Wicked cool right? As long as you're responsible of course.

We got back to our place and the Man had the outside speakers playing some reggae as we all settled down to some boozing. Here's a pic of the cruisers at our bar (my friend is in the pink):


They didn't have to be back at the ship until 6:30, and I had to work at 4:30 which cramped our plans. It wasn't a great beach day but I really wanted to take them to the other side of the island to hang at this cool bar: Duffy's Love Shack. So I made the decision to call the restaurant and see if I could work Wed instead of Tues. The owner called another girl, made the switch, so I am working tonight, tomorrow, Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Originally I was working Tues night, Friday and Saturday...so I gained some shifts! Not bad for someone who hasn't yet worked a minute there.

The Man thought I was foolish for bagging out on my first day, but how often do friends cruise in?! (Answer: not often). After getting them a little sauced on some bad ass rum we headed out to Duffy's and ordered up some drinks and boogied out to some good tunes. The Man definitely pours with a heavy hand, and seeing as how they only had to roll out of our car onto the boat we figured why not get them to the happy place.

My friend's boyfriend basically hit the floor sometime at Duffy's (oops) and we packed it up -getting them to the ship around 5:45. They definitely had a kick ass time, as did the Man and I, and I'm glad I was able to switch around the job.

Here's the shark tank drink at Duffy's that pretty much put the guy in green over the edge - it comes with a double shot of rum in a plastic shark that you have to shoot with your mouth (no hands mom!):


I'm pretty sure they were cursing us out late last night when they came out of their rum coma...
So - today at 4:30 I will officially be a waitress on St. Thomas! Woohoo! No party excuse this time.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

So wish I were cruising this year....St T would HAVE to be on any itinerary.

Anonymous said...

Dudes still wear hats backwards? That's so early 90's.

Glad to hear you're getting settled and you have a gig to keep you in liquor money. That tarantula is pretty cool. I hate spiders something terrible. That fucking thing would have sent me packing.

Send a ray of sun my way. We need it.

Cheers,
BH