Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Junebug's Visit - Day Four

After two early mornings JB's fourth day was finally a day to sleep in. Ahhh!

We woke up, had coffee, had breakfast, she helped me with the bird's brekkie (you cut a fine apple JB!) and basically we just relaxed into the morning.

Around 9:30 - 10am I started cooking; Day Four was, of course, Super Bowl Sunday sigh.

While I cooked JB and our bud T went out to do a few errands: JB had to return her Kmart purchases that she no longer needed, and they stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things.

When they got back home I put JB to work helping me cook, the Man and T made the sure the bar was set up and we hung out that way until the late afternoon. Our buds were set to arrive around four, which really meant 5:30 - gametime was 7pm our time. We all showered up, changed, grabbed some drinks and got ready for the big (disapppointing) game.

It's really hard to garner enthusiasm for this post.

I don't have a lot of shots from this day, mostly just our buds around the bar.

Everyone anticipating:



Finally it's time!



Hugh and Billy during the National Anthem:



Web and K:


JB and T (and K):



The party was fun, and rowdy. We chowed on lasagna and sauce during halftime and everyone entered food comas in the third quarter. The game, while thrilling, was nail-biting towards the end, and we all grew quiet in the last minutes. I remember standing next to Billy just staring at the TV, dumbfounded. And pissed.


After the game was over everyone went into 'let's help clean-up!' mode, but I urged everyone not to worry about it. The morning after parties I clean up no problem, but when you have four or five people piled in your kitchen all trying to 'clean' and 'organize' you usually just end up with a clusterfuck.


80% of our party were Pats fans, 2% were Giants fans (good friends, but Giants fans nonetheless) and the rest were just hanging out. The Pats fans pretty much took off shortly after the game ended, the Giants fans popped champagne and, as we tried to hold our tongues, attempted to calm the Man and I by telling us how lucky Boston has been in the past five years(I swear T, one more 'GEEEE-MEN!!!' out of you and you were going over the deck. I'm half kidding.) - and everyone else kind of shuffled away in sleepy food coma mode.

I'll take bets right now on everyone who thinks the Giants will make it to the playoffs. Anyone?


Crap. My bitter is showing.


I love T again, he's safe to sit on the deck. Until the Sox play the Indians.


But enough about sports, this is about JB (Lakers/Dodgers fan, in case you were wondering), and in her first five days it's safe to say she had a killer time between boat trips, partying and hanging with our crew :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame ya for being bitter. The Pats should have won that game with ease. I have been checking JB's blog. Is she ever gonna post about her trip?? Get on her NJaney!!

Have a great day there in St. T. We are expecting freakin' snow and ice here in Oklahoma. Sheesh!! I am at least ready for spring.

BBB