Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm leaving the Junebug Recap for today for a dose of 'island'.

In case you happen to be in the area there are five bar/restaurants in the Havensight area that are getting together tomorrow night for an Anti-Valentine's Day event.

See the invite below:


As I understand it you need to get your hands on one of the passes above, and as you visit the bars you get that bar's stamp on the back...:




...and you get a free T-shirt. Which is cool. People like free shirts.

But all I keep imagining is drunk people waving their passes in some bartender's face tomorrow late-night screaming "Wherresss miiii staaaammppppsss!!! *hiccup* Waaant mmyyy shiirt!!!!!"

Good luck to those bartenders.

Anyways, the Man and I have no plans today. I'm working until 5, then we'll probably watch TV and chill out. This is our sixth Valentine's Day together, and usually we hit up a cool restaurant for dinner, but this year we're hanging low. When I came home last night I printed out six of our pictures, wrote a few things on them and planted them where the Man would find them this morning: on his laptop keyboard, by the coffee mugs, in the egg container, by his vitamins, on top of the silverware and on top of the main power component to our TV/stereo. I get a kick out of making them and watching him find them. He's a big cutie.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY BLOGGER PEEPS!!

SMOOCHES

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines to you and the Man!! What a sweet way to surprise the Man with those pics and notes. Such a simple, but really neat idea! I bet he enjoyed them.

Take care, my friend!

BBB

Betsy said...

i always say people will do anything for a free t-shirt. whats with that? happy valentines :) Or anti-valentines.