Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Creepy crawly Wednesday

I was a few steps behind the Man last night when he spotted something on this blue tarp and yelled for me to grab the camera.

Can you see it? Do you even want to?


It's near the bottom, here is a close-up:

We thought it was a poisonous centipede GAG and judging by the size of the stinger on it's butt (on the right in the pic above) I worked myself up to full paranoia about seeing one of these anywhere in the house.

After poking a stick near it (which it aggressively bopped with it's head - um Hello? Attacking a stick? This thing is fierce!) we got it to crawl on the stick and moved it to a neighbor's yard, which made me feel much better. I'm pretty sure it's not going to bother sneaking into our house when the neighbor's is much closer.

After we got home from dinner we looked this creature up, and it's not a centipede at all, it's a caterpillar (aww...). A Frangipani Hawkmoth (Pseudosphinx tetrio) to be exact.

There's your lesson for the day!

For the record we YouTubed videos of actual poisonous centipedes, which are large and FAST and I DON'T WANT TO SEE ONE IN PERSON!

3 comments:

nejyerf said...

you GOTTA know that if i found this creepy crawly thing anywhere near my house i would have to whip out my death-dealing kitchen tongs and dispose of it post haste!!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking it was a caterpillar until you mentioned a poisonous centipede - which I've never heard of - eek!

I'm glad it turned out to be the former.

And how very noble of you to displace it in your neighbor's yard!

dewisari said...

bosen kalah kalah aja..?? silahkan coba registrasi di bolavita
hanya dengan modal 50 ribu sudah bisa jadi jutawan
buktikan sendiri no Hoax... ^^ sabung ayam live

info lbh lanjut:

WA: +628122222995
BBM: BOLAVITA(NEW)