Thursday, January 17, 2008

Self-Portrait over the waves

Happy Thursday!

I think my feet hit a wall last night, I waitressed 10:30-5, then grabbed a Heineken (shift-drink) for the 20 min drive to my next job and waitressed 5:30-10. At the second place we were slow after 8:30 and I sat down for a few mins to chat, once I stood back up my feet were just not having it. Clearly I need some better shoes.

A few mornings ago I took the camera (my constant companion these days) out to the deck for some pictures. The waves were crashing pretty hard and I'm always trying to catch the trail of spray that they leave.

Here's one shot:




Here's a second shot, close-up of the spray bouncing off of the rocks:

As I turned to walk back inside I decided to snap this pic of my reflection in our sliding door. Yes, I'm in my house-clothes, which consist of comfy shorts, t-shirt and flippies. And the hair tied up on the top of my head to finish the 'look':

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there NJaney!! I am just loving your pictures of life on the island. For those of us caught in the deep freeze back in the good ole USA, it gives us something to dream about!! Keep those pictures coming!!

BBB