Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday Thoughts


**Update Two** - I cried about five times during that movie...

**Update** - we're too comfortable on the couch to go to the movie. So we're tearing open another netflix 'We Are Marshall'. I'm ready for a little Matthew McConaughey, and to finally see this flick. I know you're all resting more easy since I posted this update to our lazy Saturday. Latah freaks.

- We're (finally!) going to see Cloverfield this afternoon. I've been working Friday nights, our usual movie night back home, so we decided on a matinee today. I'm PSYCHED! We haven't been to a movie since we moved back to the island - so we're way overdue. I'm ready for a good 'ol Monster Takes Manhattan flick.

- I just cleaned the kitchen, and we're now on the couch watching Rush Hour 3. Our matinee is at 3:15, and then we're meeting friends at a new sushi place down here. It's also been awhile since we had sushi - so I'm looking forward to a good dinner. And cocktails.

- Waitressing was pretty good this week, I worked five shifts and at the new place I got the good section twice instead of once, and I rocked it, so I was happy with that. I'm taking time off next week and the week after though because...

- ...my CA bud Junebug is coming to visit :) She's ready for her first St. T trip and will be here next Wednesday for a week. We have a lot of stuff planned - so I'm psyched for her to get here and get some island time in. I'm guessing next Thursday will be wacky for her though - she gets here Wed. night, and as we're four hours ahead of CA her go-to-sleep and wake-up hours will be a tad off.

- We have a little over a week to go before the Superbowl and I'm anxious to hear an actual Tom Brady status that doesn't include speculation. I have a better chance of winning the lottery though, so I'll have to wait for the injury report like everyone else. Of course Brady's been on that report pretty much every week during his Pats career so that won't help at all. I guess I'll just have to wait for his first snap.

- My last thought for the day? I have GOT to work on my diet. With five waitress shifts a week I'm pretty much living on restaurant food...and let's just say I ain't picking salad. Quesadillas, pasta, pizza, steak and cheese sandwich, big burger with potato salad - and that was just this week. Yikes! The good thing is with the busy shifts I've had I'm definitely walking a lot, and fast - so that has to count for something. However after you tack on beer and drinks and factor in my lack of vitamins I really need to make an effort. Starting this Monday I'm breaking out the vitamin powder and will start to choose better food options at work. The beer stays though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally ready for my first of many trips to St. T...see you in a few days!

Beach Bum Marcie said...

Hey girlie....just doing some blog walking. been awhile...18-0...unfuckingbelievable. Congrats.