Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Restaurant Profile

If you find yourself on St. Thomas and you're staying on the East End, near Red Hook, then The Agave Terrace is a place you should check out for dinner. It's one of our Top Five restaurants on the island.


We first ate here over four years ago, during our first trip to the island. The food (we consider it fine dining) was excellent, the waitstaff was pleasant, and the atmosphere was really nice. It's located by Point Pleasant Resort, a vacation spot. As you walk down to the restaurant the pathway is surrounded by lush plants and colorful flowers. Everytime we visited the island we made a point to eat here, and once we moved here we booked it for our wedding night dinner, party of 18.

Here's a shot of the Man and I on our wedding night walking around the outside of the restaurant:


The Agave is an open-sided restaurant, perched on a cliff overlooking St. John. There's a dining room, and an enclosed bar. If the air is breezefree you some mosquitos come along and try to interrupt your meal; but that was only an issue for us once - and our waiter brought us each a shot of vodka to rub on our uncovered skin. You know what? It worked!



Here is a shot of the entranceway, from inside the restaurant. This was taken the last time the Man and I ate there - last month:


I had the Alaskan king crab legs, which is pretty much what I've had the last four times we've dined there. I can't not get them, they're excellent...EXCELLENT! I eat until I want to lie down on the floor.

Here's a shot of the cliffside seating:


The guy next to me looks like he's full as well.



Here's the dining area:


...and now I want crab legs. Even at this early hour.

We give this restaurant a 3 Bird rating which, if you've been keeping up, is the exact number of birds that we own. So it's equal to 5 stars. Which is perfect.

Thank you Agave, we'll see you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want. To go back. To the islands. I want I want I want. I will lay with my newborn child, wrapped in clean white linen robes, on a white sand beach with taffy colored water and have white-linen-suited waiters carry us pina coladas (for me) and bottles (for him) on a tray to us through the day. Patrick will read us poetry from a nearby lounge chair. I'll put floaties on the baby and we'll swim a little while, then snooze in the sun. It will be good.

Or. I'll read 3 Parrots Island. And dream . . . (at least it's 50 degrees today!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks awesome. We will definitely check it out someday when we're able to do a nice lengthy adult vacation. Of course, by then I'll need to inquire if they have a senior special. Crab legs are Leslie's thing...I just give her a three foot safety perimeter and let her attack.

So did you see Cloverfield yet? I'm a little behind in my blog reading but the last I heard I think you got stuck on the couch or something and didn't go.