Wednesday, January 16, 2008

If it's not at Kmart, then we don't need it

Kmart is the big store on the island, that and Home Depot. Yes, there's a ton of shopping down near the cruise ship docks, but for locals Kmart is where it's at.

The Kmart plaza is also home to these other fine stores:

We Kmart a few times a month, and it's usually for cosmetic items for me: makeup, hair stuff, shampoo etc. I have yet to buy clothes on the island, usually I stock up at home and then ship things down here. This Kmart is where we bought the ever popular Guitar Hero. Kmart also has outdoor furniture, dry (and 'frigerated) groceries and booze.

Here's a shot inside the big K:

That's Cruzan rum stocked up behind the women's clothes section; you gotta love it when you can grab an outfit, rum, makeup, a case of beer and groceries all at the same place. The downside? We've yet to wait in a check-out line that is less than 20mins. It be popular in here mon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, but the hanging out in long lines gives you time for celebrity research! What is Britney up to? Is Angelina struggling to get pregnant? Who is Jen dating? I find that I never have to buy those magazines, I just go to Wal Mart where I'm guaranteed to wait around for ages and then read while I wait!

Anonymous said...

Cruzan in KMart just seems wrong.

Anonymous said...

Good words.